Monday, February 9, 2009

knock-down, drag-out.

Thanks to my addiction to this blog, I found this website and spent about an hour or so going through all the different effects and photos. These were my two favorites. The first one is my hipster "I-love-America" effect, and the second is the photo that would be an album insert to my debut record from the sixties. Thinking of myself existing in the sixties is a little laughable, but still, I think I could have rocked. 

Other noteworthy things: my new layout is courtesy of my favorite graphic designer, Marina. All I told her were the general colors that I liked (strong red, soft brown) and she ran with it. So thanks for the facelift, friend! I'm extremely pleased with the results and hopefully it will serve as inspiration enough to keep blogging. 

A few weekends ago, I took a trip to San Antonio with my two favorite ladies, and w made a special trip to The Alamo (I had never been.) I must say, I didn't much care for the history of it, and I'm sure our jokes and continuous laughter interrupted some audio tours, but I have never had so much fun. I've known these girls since high school (and before, actually) and it was awesome to get together and hang out for a weekend. Drinks, historical monuments, and lots of laughter. That's what life is all about.


We also, absolutely, had to stop at this place on our drive back from San Antonio. I can't tell you exactly where, but it's located somewhere just off the I-10 East on the way toward Houston. My favorite thing about driving all over the state of Texas is stuff like this. Really ridiculously named restuarants or motels, like Grumpys (or ZING!'s which is off of 290 on the way to Austin.) We really weren't sure what the little guy off to the side was supposed to be (maybe a hot dog? Or a jalapeno?) Either way, it doesn't much matter because we know for a fact that he is Grumpy. And that's what matters. It's his Inn, apparently. 

I was planning on blogging on my feelings about the 2009 Grammys, but the bottom line, I guess, is that I really didn't know much of the music that won. The highlight, for me, was Green Day presenting the award for Album of the Year. Everything else was just kind of a wash for me. And we have an album name for the new Green Day record, due May of 2009! "21st Century Breakdown" Thoughts? A little anti-climatic for me, but can you really judge a record by it's title? 

Lastly I will leave you with some photos from my afternoon in Hermann Park in uptown Houston. It was a gorgeous day, and I had my camera and iPod to keep me distracted. Wishing you all good weather and good feelings until next time!

1 comment:

Marina H said...

What were you trying to access beyond that point?

Good blog. I like the Alamo pictures...but where's a shot of the Alamo! You know, I don't quite believe you were actually there. Funny what you said about audio tours though. I did one at Alcatraz and I kept running into people, and then my wires from my headphones would get caught on theirs...bah. big mess. I'm stupid.

Regardless, I like this post and the shout out :)

My word verification is frotramp. lol. Dissect that word and i think it'll make you laugh. Needless to say it's a verb. Sounds like a super hero move...like "HULK SMASH!" The question is...what super hero would do such a thing...?