Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Question #7

When I first read this question, my mind immediately went to a list of things I've always wanted to do. I would produce a record, write a novel, learn french. If I couldn't fail? I would try everything. I would want to experience everything, anything. If I couldn't fail, I would run for a political office. I would become a firefighter. I would swim the English Channel. 

This question intrigues me for several reasons. Firstly, because of the infinite possibilities it provides. So many things in life aren't experienced because of the fear of failure. I can list 100 different things I think I'd like to do, but probably won't because I'm too afraid. But at the same time, there are things that I think about doing, that I probably won't because I'm afraid I wouldn't like it. Skydiving? I think I'd hate it, and at the same time, I'm curious. Could it be liberating? Could it be everything I need to feel, all at once? 

The answer to this question, my answer is this: I would take my time.

2 comments:

Marina H said...

It's interesting that I asked this question to Kyle and he had an instant answer. I haven't been able to come up with an answer since you first told me about it. Being the romantic that I am...I'm going to take the mature path here and say that if I knew i couldn't fail, I would start a family. Oddly enough that's something I fear most about my later life.

Anyway -----^ that was too serious. I'm thinking you should start making tags like that...get your hands dirty and up to your knees in paper products. Dooo iiiit.

I appreciate this more serious blog post, and I also very much like your answer. Keep bringing in the unique, and happy weekend!

<3 Marina

P.S. Viva Rpattzzzzzzz

Maresa Danielsen said...

Hello Eleanor,
I love your question. If I knew I could not fail I would start my own business, a consulting business. I would also probably go to law school.

I would also move to New York City.

I miss you. How is Texas?

Maresa