Thursday, February 26, 2009

Respecting the twenty-four.

Twenty-four hours is generally not a long time, in the grand scheme of things. Yet, so many things can happen in those 1,440 minutes that goes almost entirely unnoticed. I wanted both to describe, and document my day, my surroundings, and to give some credit to the little things that pass me by. Details: contributing to my mood, adding to my scenery, and always selflessly inspiring. 

A tribute to my lack of organization. I have so many cables, electrical cords, speaker wires, all shoved against the wall under my desk. Sometimes my brain feels that way. I keep telling myself that i will devise a system of organization, but alas. 
A beautiful day in Spring, Texas, and I get to look out my kitchen window to this rich, green pasture just beyond my backyard. With seven or eight birdhouses, there are always creatures, both feathered and furry, tormenting my dog who prefers to remain indoors, however cannot resist a good chase. 
The three things I would take with me on a desert island (pending a secret fourth, which would obviously have to be paper.) My music, the life-blood that I cannot go an hour without, my cell phone that I have become shamelessly attached to, and a good felt-tipped pen to write. I cannot resist putting pen to paper if that pen has a felt-tip. I kid you not.
Lastly, my fabulous mother always puts fresh flowers in a vase next to my desk. They are a constant source of inspiration, and to be perfectly honest, just a lovely thing to look at. These are the bright floral decor that I am coexisting with currently. Yellow and Red, my goodness it does feel like spring now.


My ProTools hardware (Digidesign 003 Rack Mount) is an absolute necessity in my field of work. One of the best Etsy purchases I've made, the WWW notebook, helps me keep track of all my username-password combinations on my thousands of internet memberships. And of course, my framed-inspiration, created by my lovely Shevz, lyrical motivation by The Weepies. ("But in the end, the only steps that matter are the ones you take all by yourself." - Can't Go Back Now.)
I live in a house where only four individuals live, and while we are all over the age of 16, there are 7 cars that live here. I have my own (yes, the Dr. Pepper keychain would be my spares), my brother has his own, our parents have three, and my older brother is keeping two of his four in our driveway. Do I know how ludicrous this is? Absolutely, I do. 


I will also be posting some of my best writing from my newest foray into the Write Club, inspired by M.Writes. I will be handwriting everything first, and then I'll go back and pick 
excerpts to post here. She has given three prompts, and I have attempted one with fair success. I am quite excited about the next two, and what thoughts they will bring.  I will also be flexing my artistic muscles by pasting the prompts in my journal in some sort of cute, motivational way. Here's Week 01.

Well, my Mango Green Tea is gone, my puppy looks tired, and I'm out of photos. I hope everyone is gearing up for a good weekend; I know I am. 

1 comment:

Marina H said...

OMG!!! Best blog ever! THIS is my most favoritest of your bloggies. i love photo documentation and i'm so happy you posted some photos of your space. of course, your shevy is very happy to be featured, but hearing more about your home and desk and flowers and seeing the view from your kitch (short for kitchen) really brings us into your life. (and i mean that in the NOT creepy way...)

i'm also very much enjoying your CRAFTY-NESS...hopefully a result of your trip to michaels. :D please please PLEASE keep this up!

your next challenge is to post a picture of your dog. k thnx. great entry, what a great way to end my day, and i hope yours too.

loveeee,
Shevzers.

Word verification = "criash" and all i can imagine is someone in oakland yelling "criaaaaaash" at a car crash. lol. that's stupid.