Monday, August 17, 2009

craft[y].

Firstly, I'd like to say that you all suck for not answering my question. Go ahead and keep your internet anonymity, see if I care. It's not like I'd stop writing even if you stopped reading. I often talk to myself, anyhow - so blogging to myself would just be an extension of an already-in-progress habit.

I have been quite crafty the past few days. I kind of had to be, since my lack of creativity not only reached the realms of my writing, but also caused a block of anything artsy what-so-ever. I would just lay out all my supplies in front of me and stare at them thinking, "wow, look at all this nothing. I think I'll watch Family Guy."

But I'm back now! And boy howdy does it feel good. I've updated my 22 book, after finally finding my desired supplies. (Christian Education store, surprisingly. However, in the process of finding these cards, I got a stuffed monkey thrown at me and I got squeezed out of the bulletin board borders section. Don't know about you, but I for one had different expectations of the cliental of a Christian Education store. I should note however, that the monkey throwing was by children, and I don't think they were aiming for me, I just got caught in the crossfire.) But regardless, I saw, I gathered, I conquered.


I've also been working on a mini-book entitled, "She's Gonna Make It After All." It's going to be more of a long-term thing, documenting different adventures and progress on my road to what could be considered a career. I've started out with my day of Clair Global and Green Day - where I met with the Systems Technician and Front of House Engineer for the current Green Day world Tour. What a day that was! The book was created by Elise and to anyone on this planet that hasn't checked out her blog and Etsy store, you're missing out. She's fantastic.


I got the photos printed at Kinkos today, along with several other ones for #13 on my 22 list, "Create a frame photo and art wall collage." I am super, SUPER excited about that one. I was super excited thinking about it this morning, and then super excited on my way to Kinkos, and as I was walking from my car to the shop, my mind was buzzing with different sizes for which photos and how many prints, and then BAM. Literally, BAM. Because, and do not ask me how because I cannot tell you, but I walked right into a sign-repair truck parked plainly in front of the store. And of course I hit my head on the only object protruding enough from the truck to hit ANYTHING, and it happened to be an aluminum ladder, so not only did I blatantly walk into a giant repair vehicle, but I slammed my forehead into a very loud piece of metal. And of course all the worker guys, I believe there was about seven, maybe eight, were standing around in close proximity to the truck, so they all saw me; saw me hit the truck, heard my head hit the ladder, and then heard me say, "How the fuck did I not see that?"

I was talking to myself, obviously, but one of them decided to answer. "I have no idea, ma'am." Another guy asked me if I was all right, although I don't know how he managed to get the words out since he was laughing so hard - and a third one asked if I was sure that I was just drinking Redbull. I was ready to shoot back, "Um, it's 11:30 am, douchebag," until I remembered that I have been drunk before at 11:30 am. So for me to act as if his statement was so far out of character would be a lie, and I don't like to lie. So instead, I walked briskly into the store, where I then took a surreptitious glance at my head in a reflective surface to see, indeed, that a bump was forming.

I printed my photos. I tried to stall and wait for these guys to leave so I could walk back to my car in peace. But I should have known that with my luck, the sign they were repairing was the Kinkos sign. Strike three. I lose. So I walked back to my car, but not before laughing off a few more "are you okay?" and "How's your head?"s.


Was it worth it? Yes.
Will I be finding a new Kinkos? Absolutely.

2 comments:

Ataraxian (Kyle Norby) said...

Oh man... Epic.

Marina H said...

I'm sorry I didn't answer your previous post's question. To answer it now; art and cooking make me free. At least, that's what comes to mind right away. Free because I'm only answering to myself and because I can create whatever I feel like. As long as I have eggs and some milk, at least. ;)

I'm dreadfully sorry you hurt your head today. I think those guys are assholes, and if I was there with you, I would have pretended it was me so you could have made a sneaky getaway.

More importantly I'm loving your layout for your 22 book. INSPIRED idea to use a library card. You should show Elise that, I bet she'd love it! Good thing the Christian Education store had them in stock!