Saturday, June 20, 2009

checks and balances.

Work hard, play hard. Keep it all in balance - that's the name of this game.

What a week! It blew right by, but in a really, really good way. My lovely NYC ladies flew in for a quick, but absolutely fantastic visit on Tuesday, and even though I got about 4 hours of sleep, total, while they were here, I never felt more relaxed and rejuvenated. It's amazing how good friends and laughs can clear your head. Sadly, they had to leave far too soon, but it was still entirely worth it. 

Work has also been pretty crazy. We're wrapping up on the feature documentary that we've had for a couple weeks now, and I'm pretty excited to be getting my first film credit for it! I did most of the voiceover editorial, and also some of the re-recording. I also found out that I'll be receiving a credit in the video game "Borderlands" being released by a company called GearBox for voiceover recording and editing. Knowing me, I'll probably go out and buy both of these things just to watch my name scroll by for 5 seconds. Lame? Whatever. It's gonna be awesome.

52Q for this week, and I think my answer is pretty obvious. Something I don't understand, but I want to? Adobe Flash, mainly for web design. I want to re-do my website and make it legit (finally) and I'd like to accomplish this with Flash, but so far, no dice. Hopefully I'll get around to it eventually, but before the end of my internship? It doesn't look promising. They like to keep me pretty busy. 

I've also been having a very domestic weekend so far. Lots of cleaning this morning (we didn't bother much with it during the week while the girls were in town, and dishes, trash and other such items really started to build up.) Laundry is going as we speak, and I made a pretty delicious dinner for myself this evening.


Wild Samon (with dill) on sauteed mushrooms with rice Pilaf and corn. Needless to say, I am incredibly full, but satisfied. Sadly, I have lots of dishes to attend to after this. But worth it? Absolutely.

My addiction to Criminal Minds is about to go into withdrawals since I am nearing the end of season three, and season four (which was this last season) has not been released on DVD yet. Whatever will I do? I guess I'll just have to find something else to occupy my evenings and weekends. Don't suggest that I go outside. Today's high, I believe, was 102, and it's the kind of hot that makes you start dripping sweat 10 seconds after stepping outside...in the shade. My name is Eleanor and I do not like to sweat. Visa vie, indoor fun. 

I guess that's about it for me now. Time for another beer, and some Curious Cases of one Ben Button - the formula for a successful Saturday night.

1 comment:

Marina H said...

God, I totally suck at commenting. I always forget because i'm like ACTUALLY talking to you while i'm reading your posts, so I never remember to comment until we're not talking. Too long of an explanation for that. Ah well.

Anyhoo...um YEAH! for wanting to learn flash. It's probably just about as frustrating as HTML and arguably as intricate...maybe even more so. But the results are amazing. I don't really know how to use it very well myself.

Your meal looks fantastic. I hope it was good. I settled for Wendy's tonight, because frankly, sometimes you just need to eat something bad for you. Talk to you later...what was the nick name i made for you again? Oh yeah. Bufaloooooo!

:)