Sunday, June 28, 2009

this week's end.

I wish all my days could be like this, but I guess then I wouldn't be able to appreciate them as much. Baseball and blogging.

This weekend has been pretty decent. On Friday night, I went and saw the movie, "Away We Go" starring the ever-adorable John Krasinski. (Yes, I believe my friends and I were the only ones not seeing Transformers 2 that night.) The film was absolutely wonderful. I have been a JK fan since we all fell in love with him as Jim from "The Office" but unfortunately he hasn't had the best luck with his film career. This movie changes that notion, entirely. The story follows Bert and Verona, a couple who, after getting pregnant, find themselves alone in a town they didn't even want to live in. So they film follows their travels as they try to find a new place to call "home." Very much an 'indie-style' film, it has everything. A great story, wonderful acting, and a fabulous soundtrack. Added plus? The reel has really fantastic previews on it as well. Never have I gone to a movie and walked away, pleased with the movie I've just seen as well as excited for every single film that was advertised before it. Sam Mendes has done it again. SEE THIS MOVIE!

Yesterday morning was dedicated to attempting to troubleshoot my speakers (that have once again, broken.) Sadly I was unable to fix them, so the next step in the process is to email the manufacturer and try to get them to agree to fix them. Blue Sky has really great customer service, so I'm not too worried about their compliance with addressing the issue, but it's just such a hassle to pack everything up to ship out to Modesto, CA. Plus, it'll take longer now that I live in Texas. (As opposed to when I lived in Oakland, and could have driven the speakers down there myself.) Oh well, thus is life.

Today, however, has been quite lovely. Spent the morning taking care of different odds and ends, and now I'm watching baseball and blogging. I'm also rocking some fantastic knee-high socks, an early birthday present from my fabulous friend, Kaci. True friends are the ones that feed your ridiculous obsessions. (Currently, tank tops and knee-high socks.)


That being said, I'm back to updating my iPod, watching my Astros and repacking to drive back to Dallas. Coming soon: the day I turn 22, an interactive entry and baseball-oriented photos.

No comments: