Sunday, June 7, 2009

she's a weekender.

Saturday morning was my little brother's High School graduation. While I am incredibly proud of him for surviving all four years of high school, this graduation ceremony was pretty long. I guess that's what happened when your senior class is over 800 students. (Mine was only 756, so apparently I got off easy.) Nevertheless, a BIG high five to all the seniors of 2009, especially my brother. He'll be majoring in Civil Engineering at Georgia Institute for Technology, (i.e. Georgia Tech) following in our big brother's footsteps. (My older brother graduated from Georgia Tech with a degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2006.)


Last weekend was the No Doubt concert, and can I just be up-front and honest? It was amazing. The opening bands were fabulous. (The Sounds, and Paramore.) Have I mentioned how much I love Gwen Stefani with No Doubt? Because I love her. I'm not much of a fan of her solo work, but when she is performing those songs with the band, it's unbeatable. If you can, try to catch a show on this tour. I promise you, you won't be disappointed. 


I ordered a handmade-journal kit from Elise to get started on my 22 Goals for the 22nd Year book. I'm still working on the list, but I'm really excited to get started accomplishing things. By now, you know how much I love lists, so this is like the ultimate project. I'll be sure to post the final list, and photos of my journal construction along the way.  I have put the bug in my parent's ear that I want this camera for my birthday this year. We shall see how that works out, but here's hoping!

Today's Agenda: 1:05 PM Astros v. Pirates game, and then my favorite drive back to Dallas. 


FAILZ: the horrific buzzing sound coming from my monitors, girls with fake laughs and drivers that make you break your cruise control.

WINZ: free beer, Iron Man on BluRay, and life-saving brakes. 

2 comments:

Marina H said...

I am in love with your new win/fail lists. Please keep them?

And I agree. Fake laughs and breaking cruise control is the worst thing ever. I just am too lazy to use cruise control now because it ends up being more effort.

Congrats to your lil' bro for graduating. Are your parents stoked to be done with the whole "high school" thing?

I hope you enjoyed the Astros game! Talk to you this week some time. Keep on bloggin'!

<3 Sheversonaorsonsikoff.

P.S. When I just typed "keep on bloggin'" I thought of that time Rick said he would get a tattoo that said, "Keep on truckin" and he made that funny hand motion. hahahaha. Do you remember that?

Marina H said...

wow...that's a long comment. hahaha.